ACADEMIC PLAN: 697
CIP CODE: 24.0101
AWARD: Associate of Arts & Science
LENGTH: 2 Years - Transfer
The Associate of Arts and Sciences degree in General Studies prepares students to transfer to a four-year college or university.
Individuals are eligible for admission to CVCC if they are high school graduates or the equivalent, or if they are eighteen years of age or older and able to benefit academically from study at the community college, as demonstrated by assessment in reading, writing, and mathematics.
- All students expected to complete the requirements for a degree, diploma, certificate, or career studies certificate must complete an Application for Graduation.
- Access to a computer that meets or exceeds the PC Specifications for Non-Technical Programs.
The Program Pathway for General Studies- Health Sciences Focus AAS is a resource for students that lists the following items:
- The recommended order in which to take the program courses
- Suggested course when more than one option exists
- If the course has a prerequisite
- Courses that may lead to a certificate (if offered in the program)
Students who plan to transfer should consult an academic counselor to verify specific program requirements with their intended four-year institution. While an elective course may satisfy a requirement for a Central Virginia Community College program, it may not fulfill a requirement at a four-year institution.