Jul 19, 2024  
2023-2024 Catalog 
2023-2024 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Students Transferring from Other Colleges

Normally, transfer students who are eligible for re-entrance at the last college of attendance are also eligible for admission to CVCC. Students who were suspended or dismissed from their previous college will be required to submit an official transcript before enrollment is granted. Enrollment may be restricted or limited due to the reason for suspension or dismissal.

Students seeking to apply credits taken at another regionally accredited college toward their CVCC associate, diploma, certificate, or career studies certificate program need to send their official transcript to the Office of Admissions and Records for evaluation. For a listing of the regional accrediting agencies please visit the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) at https://www.chea.org/search-institutions. Credit granted for courses needed towards your program plan does not factor into your CVCC GPA. No credit will be given for developmental coursework or courses with grades lower than “C.” No credit will granted for a grade of “C-“or below.

Credit from non-regionally accredited institutions is generally not awarded. Students may petition for credit by providing the following items to the Office of Admissions and Records for each of the courses he/she wishes to petition: 1) official transcript, 2) course description, 3) course syllabus, and 4) faculty credentials of the instructor who taught the course. After these items are reviewed, the student will be notified if credit can be awarded.

Credit is also granted for military service and schools as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) and if the coursework/experience is applicable to the program being pursued. Veterans should send their official military transcripts and/or DD214 to the Office of Admissions and Records for evaluation. Please note that the Department of Veteran Affairs requires veterans receiving benefits to submit all transcripts before the end of their second semester to ensure their benefits are uninterrupted.

Students who have transcripts from foreign institutions are required to submit their educational records to a professional foreign credentials evaluation service to assist in the determination of the acceptability of their credits at CVCC. Therefore, students who attended a foreign college or university must request a course-by-course evaluation from one of the institutions listed at http://www.naces.org/members.html.